Denco Cottage Farm Chicken Pie Premix 2kg
The Cottage farm pie mix is a powdered premix with strong chicken flavours, onion, garlic, pepper, and selected herbs.
This all in one premix gives superb cooked Chicken pies with all round flavour and texture.
1. 500 grams of pie mix, 2.5kg meat, 500 grams cold water, 2kg hot water.
2. Dice/mince meat to desired size. Add diced meat to hot water, simmer until cooked and tender (25-30 min).
3. Add minced meat and simmer until cooked (3-5 min).
4. Add Pie Premix to cold water, whisk well, add to simmering meat while
5. Remove from heat and Stir until well thickened.
6. Correct consistency achieved when a spoon runs through the mixture leaves a defined part and does not fall back.
7. If mixture is too thick add water.
8. Cool pie filling to room temp before adding into pie shells.
9. Top pie shells with pastry and glaze with milk or egg wash.
10. Bake at 200-220C for 18-20 min or until golden.
11. Oven temp can vary between different types of ovens (gas, electric)